Skip to main content

As I remember the past, I choose to believe for the future

Today is Deepika's grad ceremony. Another first without Julius. He was so excited - had already taken a vacation day for the occasion. We were going to celebrate. His joy was so childlike and infectious. So "proud" of his girls and what God had done in their lives.
I am pondering on our journey that started many years ago watching God work in our little Dipsy's life.
A scrawny little baby girl whom Julius and I brought home. We watched as God took a physically weak child and moulded her to be who she is today. He took her from strength to strength and did the impossible -according to Dr's predictions almost not born because of a bad  pregnancy, healing from serious illness, lost on a lake in Columbia just 2 years ago...and most of all He brought her to a saving faith in Jesus.
We marvelled at what God did that we never could accomplish. Four years ago we went to Mac for an open house and knew that this was where God was leading her to- The Math and Stats program. Oh what a glorious ride as we watched God stretch and strengthen her. I thank you Lord for the joy that you gave me to share these years with Julius and how you enabled us to walk hand in hand, heads held high always looking to You.You never let us down.
Thank you that I had those wonderful years with Julius. Moving the girls in and out of University residences and homes. Never tiring of dropping, picking, advising, protecting. Always available to chat, encouraging text messages, emails. Vulnerable and transparent - never pretending that he had it all together.
I mourn not just him - but so many things about him. His companionship, his wisdom, his childlike joy in the simple things of life, his leadership - we were on time to events because of him! His kindness, his skills, his willingness to travel off the beaten road with me, his commitment to seeking the Lord and not to fear man.
I thank you Lord for what you made Julius to be. Every good and perfect gift comes from you and I mourn the good that you formed and shaped in him.
We will celebrate and rejoice today for what God has done and rejoice in His good work today for He is worthy to be praised and acknowledged.
Your Word to me today: John 14:1 Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God;  believe also in me.
Yes Lord I choose to believe. I choose to trust You when it is hardest to trust. You are Worthy and I will sing of your praises even today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30

"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!" Three days after Julius went home to the Lord, God had given me a promise. He had spoken to me from Psalm 77. Just like He had moved the nation of Israel, He was going to make a way through the deep waters of suffering that I was in. A way that I could not see, a way that I had to trust. I had to make a choice to move forward and believe that the waters would not drown me. (Is 43:2).  I had to believe Him. It is one year and 9 months and there are days even now when the waters seem to overwhelm and there are days when I see a glimpse of the path ahead. Through the prophet Isaiah He says: 'Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:19

A Letter to My Grandson on His First Birthday

  My darling Baby D, Today is the twentieth anniversary of an event that changed the world forever.  This event that we call 9/11 is in your history books but it is a reality that I share with you. So much more has happened to this world since then. 2020 was the year of the pandemic - this time your reality more than mine. You actually got the dreaded covid bug. It has been a year and some of isolation, masks, vaccines and fear all around us.  Each new day makes our reality uncertain and changing all the time. And yet for me this is a day of hope. 9/11 of 2020 is what I will call it. I had prayed for over five years - sometimes fervently, sometimes desperately, sometimes, honestly not at all. I often got tired of waiting but my weak faith was not going to stop God’s plan.  A year has gone by and I have watched you grow from the tiny fragile little baby, to a  boy who cannot sit still. Oh what joy you bring to my heart. I love your welcome at the condo and your response when you hea

What if the answer is NO?

Photo Credit: Julius M. Location: Monastery Door, San Antonio Texas Have you had the experience of hearing a word from God that later in the day makes more sense than at the time you heard it? In Isaiah 65:24 the Lord says" Before they call I will answer; while they are yet speaking I will hear." At a Jill Briscoe women's event yesterday Jill said something that intrigued me: "D o you have to see a prayer answered to trust God?" She had also said to listen with your heart and God will tell you why you are here this morning. It was a lovely morning, catching up with old friends that I had not seen for over a year. Lots of hugs and tears and promises (on my part) to meet for coffee, when time permits. I thought that was reason why I was there!! But no - there was a bigger reason. Later that night at my home - the conversation turned to prayer - specifically unanswered prayer. Back to Sunnybrook hospital - on our knees in a room ple