Skip to main content

The price is paid!

Last week, those of us in Toronto, went through a heavy rain storm the like of which we have not seen in a while. It was quite the sight to see people being rescued by canoe in the heart of the city.
Working for an insurance company the expected happened. The phones were jammed with people calling in with complaints of flooding and wanting the insurance company to pay for the damage. It is not easy or pleasant to explain that there is no insurance against flooding or any event that is a result of the effect of nature or also called an act of God.
I wanted to say "Duh...what kind of insurance can you hope to buy against the plans of an Almighty God? Which earthly organisation could claim to offer this kind of insurance?"
While I had to go over this again and again with very angry clients, it got me thinking about the biggest calamity that can hit us - death itself.  Praise God that we can have guaranteed coverage with the premium paid in full on this one!! It is even free though it came at a very high price.

If you haven't heard about it let me explain...

To start with we must be very careful that we have a right picture of God. If you are tempted to call God "the man upstairs" or even swear by the name of Jesus, be very careful because the Word also tells us that one day "at the name of Jesus every knee in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord..." Phil 2:10-11
He is the Creator of the universe and He made you and me and everything in it, whether you believe or not, He is in control of your life and destiny. However He did make us with a free will and the choices we make are very important.

The Word of God tells us in the Book of Romans 3:10-12 and 23 "None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God.  All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.” ... "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"

We all need salvation.
The good news is that God has provided a way for us. It is in His Son Jesus Christ.
But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. Romans 5:8 

This is a free gift that has to be accepted in order for you to receive it. It requires you to acknowledge that you are a sinner in need of a saviour.
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved ... For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:9-10, and 13

Salvation through Jesus Christ brings us into a right relationship with God and gives us that peace with Him that we can never attain on our own.
Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. Romans 5:1
Once we are in a right relationship with God, His Word tells us in Romans 8:1 So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.
The apostle Paul goes on to tell us: And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Dear Reader, what does your insurance plan look like? Are you trusting in your religious attendance, your good works? your social standing? your own image? One day we will all die and come to face to face with our Maker.
Remember that there is no holding place after you die. No way that your surviving friends and relatives can pray you into heaven, or offer religious sacrifices for your soul.
Are you praying to human beings even human biblical characters who have gone ahead of you? God has a word for us on this: For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus 1 Timothy 2:5

Jesus is calling each of us. His loving exhortation to us: Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. Rev. 3:20

Loved one THE PRICE IS PAID. There is no need for monthly premiums that keep going up.  No surprises when the calamity strikes - it is guaranteed in Jesus Christ alone. The policy manual is in your hands - God's own Word. Read it carefully - trust it and believe it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30

"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!" Three days after Julius went home to the Lord, God had given me a promise. He had spoken to me from Psalm 77. Just like He had moved the nation of Israel, He was going to make a way through the deep waters of suffering that I was in. A way that I could not see, a way that I had to trust. I had to make a choice to move forward and believe that the waters would not drown me. (Is 43:2).  I had to believe Him. It is one year and 9 months and there are days even now when the waters seem to overwhelm and there are days when I see a glimpse of the path ahead. Through the prophet Isaiah He says: 'Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:19

A Letter to My Grandson on His First Birthday

  My darling Baby D, Today is the twentieth anniversary of an event that changed the world forever.  This event that we call 9/11 is in your history books but it is a reality that I share with you. So much more has happened to this world since then. 2020 was the year of the pandemic - this time your reality more than mine. You actually got the dreaded covid bug. It has been a year and some of isolation, masks, vaccines and fear all around us.  Each new day makes our reality uncertain and changing all the time. And yet for me this is a day of hope. 9/11 of 2020 is what I will call it. I had prayed for over five years - sometimes fervently, sometimes desperately, sometimes, honestly not at all. I often got tired of waiting but my weak faith was not going to stop God’s plan.  A year has gone by and I have watched you grow from the tiny fragile little baby, to a  boy who cannot sit still. Oh what joy you bring to my heart. I love your welcome at the condo and your response when you hea

Thankful

Another first... Last year we had my Papa and Julius at the dinner table. Couple of weeks later my Dad passed away - slipped away in his sleep. Six months later Julius was gone to heaven. To be honest I have asked God "What are you thinking God?" "How do you expect me to move on with so much loss and grief?" And "What is coming next?" I confess that none of these questions are answered because they are not worthy to be asked. God is Sovereign, He is Creator and He is in control and I am so comforted by His Word. In the book of Job I read: But he is unchangeable, and who can turn him back?      What he desires, that he does. 14  For he will complete what he appoints for me,      and many such things are in his mind . Job 23:13-14. And again in Lamentations 3 For the Lord will not cast off forever, 32  but, though he cause grief, he will have compassion according to the abundance of his steadfast love;  33  for he does not afflict from his heart   or