Skip to main content

Beauty will rise...


We picked up the dress today.
In a few days my little girl will be married.
A beautiful women surrendered to and shaped by the Master Designer for the purpose that He created her - to glorify Him above all and to walk alongside the man she loves.

Of course this is a time for rejoicing.
The Lord has filled our home with much joy.

It is also a time to remember and look back to see where we have come from.
The wedding is at the same church that just a little over 2 years ago our family  had used  for a very different gathering - a funeral.
The Lord has been gracious to us. He has shown us favour. He promised to make a way and He did.

He never left us. 

But if I am completely honest there are moments when my heart is breaking all over again.
I can't help but think of the "what ifs."
What if Julius was here, what if he was here to walk her down the aisle...
What if he was here to celebrate...
...to dance the father daughter dance
...and to welcome family and friends
...to be strong for me

If there is one thing I have learned in this time of loss and grief is that at times like these, I must proclaim even to my own aching heart the truth of God's Word. It is the only way I can make it.

And so I stop to remind myself.

He is sovereign...

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

He will make all things new:
Behold, I am doing a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
and rivers in the desert. Is 43:19

Out of the ashes of our lives beauty will rise.

When Jesus started His Ministry He quoted  Isaiah 61
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to bring good news to the poor;
he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives,
and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor,
and the day of vengeance of our God;
to comfort all who mourn;
to grant to those who mourn in Zion—
to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness instead of mourning,
the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit;
that they may be called oaks of righteousness,
the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified.
They shall build up the ancient ruins;
they shall raise up the former devastations;
they shall repair the ruined cities,
the devastations of many generations.

Loved one is your life in ashes today...
Dreams and plans that will never take place the way you planned or wanted them?
Not the journey that you expected...

Hold on sweet friend. Don't try to do this on your own because you can't. Hold on to His promise and He will do what only He can do

Beauty will rise...This was a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that I listened to over and over again.
Out of these ashes beauty will arise...
And so I will look forward to Deepika and Daniel's wedding day - a symbolic display of  what is to come.

If you are a believer and follower of Jesus Christ you are invited to a wedding like no other.

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.  And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”
And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” Rev 21

Loved One have you accepted the invitation? You cannot be a part of this unless you have.

Don't tarry.. you never know what today will bring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30

"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!" Three days after Julius went home to the Lord, God had given me a promise. He had spoken to me from Psalm 77. Just like He had moved the nation of Israel, He was going to make a way through the deep waters of suffering that I was in. A way that I could not see, a way that I had to trust. I had to make a choice to move forward and believe that the waters would not drown me. (Is 43:2).  I had to believe Him. It is one year and 9 months and there are days even now when the waters seem to overwhelm and there are days when I see a glimpse of the path ahead. Through the prophet Isaiah He says: 'Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:19

A Letter to My Grandson on His First Birthday

  My darling Baby D, Today is the twentieth anniversary of an event that changed the world forever.  This event that we call 9/11 is in your history books but it is a reality that I share with you. So much more has happened to this world since then. 2020 was the year of the pandemic - this time your reality more than mine. You actually got the dreaded covid bug. It has been a year and some of isolation, masks, vaccines and fear all around us.  Each new day makes our reality uncertain and changing all the time. And yet for me this is a day of hope. 9/11 of 2020 is what I will call it. I had prayed for over five years - sometimes fervently, sometimes desperately, sometimes, honestly not at all. I often got tired of waiting but my weak faith was not going to stop God’s plan.  A year has gone by and I have watched you grow from the tiny fragile little baby, to a  boy who cannot sit still. Oh what joy you bring to my heart. I love your welcome at the condo and your response when you hea

What if the answer is NO?

Photo Credit: Julius M. Location: Monastery Door, San Antonio Texas Have you had the experience of hearing a word from God that later in the day makes more sense than at the time you heard it? In Isaiah 65:24 the Lord says" Before they call I will answer; while they are yet speaking I will hear." At a Jill Briscoe women's event yesterday Jill said something that intrigued me: "D o you have to see a prayer answered to trust God?" She had also said to listen with your heart and God will tell you why you are here this morning. It was a lovely morning, catching up with old friends that I had not seen for over a year. Lots of hugs and tears and promises (on my part) to meet for coffee, when time permits. I thought that was reason why I was there!! But no - there was a bigger reason. Later that night at my home - the conversation turned to prayer - specifically unanswered prayer. Back to Sunnybrook hospital - on our knees in a room ple